What We Do
INSTALLING UNDERGROUND PIPES AND CABLES CAN BE COSTLY AND TIRESOME WITHOUT THE PROPER EQUIPMENT.
Legend Underground utilizes the latest in directional boring equipment operated by skilled experienced technicians. With more than 50 years of collective experience covering thousands of miles of work, we understand why it is important to employ the best people and provide them with the best technology available. This helps to ensure the safety and efficiency of the project which is our primary concern.
 HORIZONTAL DIRECTIONAL DRILLING:
This is an installation method where the drill rig sits on top of the ground and a pilot rod is installed along the alignment. Once the pilot comes out on the other side, a reaming head is attached to the drill rods. Then the hole is enlarged until it has been enlarged enough to allow the pulling in of the new pipe or conduits that is desired to be installed at this location.
Benefits of Horizontal Directional Drilling:
• Cost-effective due to reduced surface damage
• Minimal setup
• Short drilling and construction times
• Wide, versatile application rang
Known as the ‘safe way to dig’, Hydro-Excavation uses pressurized water and a vacuum to not only cut through the soil, but also remove it on excavation projects. The vacuum lifts the slurry from the excavation area, and the debris is transferred to the debris tank. Hydro-Excavation is used for the safe exposure of buried infrastructure including pipeline, utilities, cable, fiber optics and electrical lines. It affords the luxury of excavating around existing underground utilities without potential damage to the structure. This technology will save project time and budget by reducing damage repair and down time.
Benefits of Hydro-Excavation:
• Safe, fast and precise excavations
• Requires less backfill, labor and restoration
• Less environmental impact
• Limits accidents and injuries for operators
• Avoids damage to underground pipes, lines and cables
• Provides better service to our customers
 OPEN-CUT SERVICES:
Our open cut services allow us to facilitate the installation of new structures or systems, including repair or replacement of pipes, conduits and cables.
 Other Services:
• Industry leader in trenchless technology, including
all forms of Directional Drilling
• Open Cut Trenching
• Gas main installation
• Gas service installation
• Installation of water lines
• Installation of storm sewer
• Sanitary sewer
• Installation of conduit systems
• All forms of restoration
• Fiber installations
• Cable pulling & removal